Our Baptism 07/22/06

Our Baptism 07/22/06
Elder Brown and Elder Mortimer

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Before the Church

I've always been a person who prayed to our Heavenly Father. Even as a little kid I did. My family was Buddhist but I don't really know much about it. I was only taught to do the things I was supposed to do. Now I wish I knew why we did some of the things we do.

But anyway, when Cesar and I got together, he was an inactive member of the church. So, life was good and I was able to do the things I wanted to. Simon, Cesar's bro, always wanted us together for dinner and talk about the church, which I was not interested, and I think Cesar knew I wasn't so he would always turn Simon down. I actually didn't know he had been doing that for a while until later on. Cesar would just tell him no because he knew it was something I really wasn't ready for.

So, I'm not sure how this happened, but Cesar decided one day he was going to go back to church. It was a Sunday. I was like, ok. He asked if I was going to go with him. I kind of just brushed it off and he said, "Well, I am going to go and really wish I didn't have to go alone". I was like, "great". Now I feel guilty because he's going to church and I'm not. So, I think I felt guilty enough to tag along. (The kids were not with us that day)

To Be Continued.........It's a long story.

No comments: